Activision has announced that the second DLC pack for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Ascendance, is coming to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC on Thursday, 30th April. The new content is currently already available on Xbox platforms but as per the timed exclusive deal, like other DLC releases, it won’t release on other platforms until a month after the initial Xbox launch.
Ascendance provides players with four all-new multiplayer maps, with settings ranging from a crashed spacecraft under the landscape of Mt. Rushmore to a tall apartment complex in Sydney. Players will also receive a new bonus weapon, the OHM and OHM-Werewolf custom variant, which is a Shotgun/LMG hybrid weapon and currently available for Season Pass owners. The second part of Exo Zombies, Infection, continues the story of an all-star cast of characters as they progress from the Atlas facility to its surroundings, complete with the return of Burgertown. Last of all, for the first time ever, Ascendance introduces a new Exo Ability; the Exo Grapple, providing players with new ways to navigate around the map and another satisfying killing option.
- Perplex: Get vertical in Sydney as you fight to dominate this five-story modular apartment complex. Take the high ground or blast through the close-quarters interior in this small to medium sized map. Adapt your strategy mid-match when construction drones shift apartment modules, creating new routes and cover positions.
- Site 244: An alien spacecraft has crash landed, spilling its mysterious cargo under the shadow of Mt. Rushmore, USA. This medium to large three-lane map allows for any style of gameplay, focusing combat through the space ship’s fuselage and around the debris-littered landscape. Use the map-based scorestreak to crack open an alien spore and instantly enhance your perks and exo abilities.
- Climate: Fight your way through a futuristic man-made utopia in this lush, climate-controlled enclosure. In this small to medium sized circular map, land and water routes channel frenetic combat around the central island structure. Watch your step when the river water changes from an asset into a deadly bubbling obstacle.
- Chop Shop: Think fast as you make your way through the black market exoskeleton industrial complex and engage in fast-paced shootouts in this medium sized, symmetrical map. Activate the map-based scorestreak to take control of an Advanced Repulsion Turret that radiates a deadly microwave EMP to help lock down key areas.
- Infected: The four Atlas employees, portrayed by the returning celebrity cast of John Malkovich (In the Line of Fire, RED, Burn After Reading), Bill Paxton (Aliens, Titanic, Edge of Tomorrow), Rose McGowan (Planet Terror, Scream), and Jon Bernthal (Fury) fight tooth and nail through undead zombie hordes. Located on the outskirts of an Atlas facility, the new Exo Zombies episode introduces a slew of never-before-seen undead masses, a robust arsenal of new traps and armaments and everyone’s favorite fast food joint, Burgertown.
- Bonus Weapon: OHM and OHM-Werewolf custom-variant. A directed energy LMG and Shotgun hybrid bonus weapon for players to equip.
- Exo Grapple: A new exo ability that will allow players to reach vantage points or a secondary weapon much quicker. Only available in a specific playlist.