EA and Visceral Games Announce Battlefield Hardline Premium
Visceral Games, an Electronic Arts studio, today announced Battlefield Hardline Premium, an exclusive membership program delivering new content and early access to Battlefield Hardline fans to fuel their cops and criminals fantasies all year long. Battlefield Hardline Premium members will enjoy four new super features – Masks, Gun Bench, Competitive Play, and Legendary Status – as well as two weeks early access to four story-themed digital expansion packs. In addition, members will receive monthly rewards and access to exclusive in-game events and items that ensure players execute heists and roll into high-speed chases in style.
Battlefield Hardline Premium memberships includes
1. Four super features
• Masks – New player masks with unique gameplay benefits tied to the theme of each mask.
• Gun Bench – Provides players with the ability to visually customize their weapons and track their kills per weapon.
• Competitive Play – Support for competitive play through Battlefield Hardline Premium-access only tournaments and ladders.
• Legendary Status – Provides replayability of the entire progression system.
2. Four digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps, modes, vehicles, in-game content and a story themed throughout all four:
• Battlefield Hardline: Criminal Activity – Players have to make a name for themselves in fast-paced, highly-destructible new maps littered with small-time crime jobs. Available summer 2015.
• Battlefield Hardline: Robbery – Take down the opposition head on and progress through key locations with major cinematic action. Available summer 2015.
• Battlefield Hardline: Getaway – This is frantic, high-speed chases that immerse players deeper in the heist. Available fall 2015.
• Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal – There is a rat in every operation and players will have to find out who to trust. Available winter early 2016.
Two weeks early access to all expansion packs
3. 12 Gold Battlepacks
4. New personalisation options including gun camos, ammo skins, and more Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive in-game items
5. Access to double-XP, in-game missions, and more Battlefield Hardline Premium exclusive events
6. Priority position in server queues
Now, everything here is mostly routine for Battlefield premium at every DLC launch except of course the few new features. Masks, Gun bench, Competitive play and, Legendary Status. Three of those shouldn’t effect most. However it’s slightly odd that competitive play is locked behind $49.99 USD paywall after already buying a $59.99 USD game seeing as they’ve never really had any large competitive scene beforehand. I am however hoping some news comes along that completely changes my mind on this one. Better yet when Hardline does launch a thriving competitive scene that makes this worth it.