Bethesda concluded their first ever E3 press conference on Sunday evening with the world premiere of one of the most anticipated videogame titles of all time: Fallout 4! On top of that, they also dropped the bomb that a free-to-play mobile game would be available within hours, and revealed the lowdown on the Fallout 4 Collector’s Edition.
After a long absence, Bethesda Game Studios made a long-awaited public appearance in the form of creative director Todd Howard who delivered a great 30-minute presentation on the game. Bethesda didn’t hold back on the information, but gave us plenty to devour, including so much gameplay footage. Beginning with some glorious concept art, Howard then proceeded to demo the game’s opening sequences, highlighting their biggest character customization yet from aesthetics (like in Fallout 3, you can play as a male or female) to skills and abilities. Ultimately we ended up receiving a lot of gameplay of the Boston wasteland and combat in action, as well as a look at an in-depth level of character and weapon modification.
Of course, one of the biggest things people want to know is when the game will be available. That’s why Bethesda ended the conference by announcing that the game will be available Tuesday, November 2015 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC!
“As the sole survivor of Vault 111, you enter a world destroyed by nuclear war. Every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. Only you can rebuild and determine the fate of the Wasteland. Welcome home.”
- Freedom and Liberty!
Do whatever you want in a massive open world with hundreds of locations, characters, and quests. Join multiple factions vying for power or go it alone, the choices are all yours.
- You’re S.P.E.C.I.A.L!
Be whoever you want with the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. character system. From a Power Armored soldier to the charismatic smooth talker, you can choose from hundreds of Perks and develop your own playstyle.
- Super Deluxe Pixels!
An all-new next generation graphics and lighting engine brings to life the world of Fallout like never before. From the blasted forests of the Commonwealth to the ruins of Boston, every location is packed with dynamic detail.
- Violence and V.A.T.S.!
Intense first or third person combat can also be slowed down with the new dynamic Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System (V.A.T.S) that lets you choose your attacks and enjoy cinematic carnage.
- Collect and Build!
Collect, upgrade, and build thousands of items in the most advanced crafting system ever. Weapons, armor, chemicals, and food are just the beginning – you can even build and manage entire settlements
Check out the full Fallout 4 segment video below, including all of the gameplay action and reveals, as well as some new screenshots and concept art. Keep reading for more on ‘Fallout Shelter’ and the Fallout 4 Collector’s Edition…
Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition
One of the surprise announcements that Bethesda made was that of a Collector’s Edition called the ‘Pip-Boy Edition’. Available at participating retailers worldwide, it will include an actual Pip-Boy Replica, a pocket guide, a poster, special packaging, and of course, the game. Recommend retail prices are as followers: $119.99 in the US, €129.99 in Europe, and £99.99 in the UK.
- Pip-Boy Replica, Stand and Capsule Case – This wearable device faithfully replicates the in-game model and comes complete with RobCo Industries stand, custom-printed capsule, adjustable foam cuff, rotating knobs and lights. Designed to accommodate a variety of smartphone devices with customizable foam inserts, the Pip-Boy is the ultimate accessory for the official Pip-Boy companion mobile app that allows players to manage their in-game inventory, perks, holotapes, and more.
- Physical Pip-Boy Pocket Guide – Featuring handy illustrations and chock full of Vault-Tec approved tips, this manual is the ultimate how-to pocket guide for using and maintaining your new Pip-Boy.
- Physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster – Keep track of your perks with your very own physical Vault-Tec perk poster, fully-colorized retro fun for the quintessential Wasteland survivor.
- Power Armor Collectible Metal Packaging – Exclusive to the Pip-Boy Edition, this decorated metal case is the ultimate fan collectible.
Last of all, another reveal by Bethesda was that of a new Fallout mobile game called Fallout Shelter. The game is a strategy and simulation experience which allows players to be an ‘Overseer’ of their very own vault. Players will be able to build the vault they want, manage a community, send vault dwellers to the wasteland to collect items like new armor and weapons, and much more. The game is available right now on the App Store for iPhone and iPad devices that meet the system requirements. No details on other platforms have been confirmed yet.
Fallout Shelter is a post-nuclear strategy and simulation experience that puts you in control of a state-of-the-art underground Vault. Build the perfect Vault from a variety of rooms, oversee your very own thriving community of Vault Dwellers, and protect them from the dangers of the Wasteland. Vault-Tec has provided the tools, but the rest is up to you.
Fallout Shelter requires iOS7 or later, is compatible with iPhone 5 or later, iPad Mini 2 or later, iPad 3 or later and is optimized for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.
- Build the Perfect Vault – Create a brighter future…underground! Select from a variety of modern-day rooms to turn an excavation beneath 2,000 feet of bedrock into the very picture of Vault Life.
- Oversee a Thriving Community – Get to know your Dwellers and lead them to happiness. Find their ideal jobs and watch them flourish. Provide them with outfits, weapons, and training to improve their abilities.
- Prosper – A well-run Vault requires a variety of Dwellers with a mix of skills. Build a Radio Room to attract new Dwellers. Or, take an active role in their personal lives; play matchmaker and watch the sparks fly!
- Explore the Wasteland – Send Dwellers aboveground to explore the blasted surface left behind and seek adventure, handy survival loot, or unspeakable death. Find new armor and weapons, gain experience, and earn Caps! But don’t let them die!
- Protect Your Vault – From time to time, idyllic Vault life may be disrupted by the dangers of post-nuclear life. Prepare your Dwellers to protect against threats from the outside…and within.
Check out the Fallout Shelter trailer and images below! Stay tuned for more E3 goodness right throughout the week.