Activision has released five new screenshots of Black Ops 3 multiplayer in action, which you can check out further down this page. The images show some of the game’s new maps, some of which are playable for attendees at this week’s E3.
Here’s the map’s official descriptions:
- Combine: Set in the remote Egyptian Sahara, this vertical farming and sustainability research facility plays fast and frenetic with tight interiors, an open middle and a dangerous flank path.
Hunted: This big game hunting lodge is situated beneath a waterfall in the lush mountains of Ethiopia, where rugged terrain opens up to long sightlines and a stealthy underwater pathway.
Stronghold: A high-tech Swiss chateau in the frozen, mountainous Alps, Stronghold has an asymmetrical design with a mix of exposed sightlines and tight, close quarters.
Evac: An abandoned emergency evacuation zone atop an overgrown rooftop in the middle of Singapore’s flooded quarantine zone.
We’ve also received official descriptions for the two new Specialist classes that were revealed yesterday:
- Callsign: Prophet
- Real Name: David Wilkes
- Bio: Wilkes got his first set of cybernetic augmentations while serving in the British Engineering Corps. Five years and many upgrades later, he is the embodiment of cutting edge of human weaponry on the battlefield, using his superior technology to disrupt opponents’ tactics before moving in for the kill.
- Weapon: Tempest – Charge-shot weapon that fires an arc of electricity, shocking targets and chaining to all nearby enemies.
- Ability: Glitch – Flash back to a previous position with this system mod that hacks the battlefield simulation grid.
- Callsign: Nomad
- Real Name: Tavo Rojas
- Bio: Last surviving member of an elite Rapid Deployment Force unit specialized in Jungle Warfare, Rojas has gone off-grid using his survivalist training to stay alive. At home in the wild, he uses his skills to turn the environment against his foes.
- Weapon: H.I.V.E. – Deploys pod traps which release a deadly swarm of nano drones when triggered.
- Ability: Rejack – Recover from near death by injecting a nanoparticle serum into the bloodstream.
Check out the new multiplayer screenshots below.
It’s been a busy week for Black Ops 3 news, so here’s some of the articles you may have missed:
- Black Ops 3 Co-op campaign gameplay – of which we’ve just updated with an official HQ version and a look at the pre-match ‘Safehouse’ section
- Collection of Black Ops 3 multiplayer gameplay videos
- Two new Specialists revealed and hands-on links
- Black Ops 3 E3 multiplayer reveal trailer